Quinceanera

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Enjoyed having all four of us under one roof again.
It sure is nice having my son home from college - even for short visits.

For the first time in 26 years, my mom, sister and aunts did not get to "Black Friday" shop.
Instead we attended a funeral for a very dear family friend.

Saturday Savannah was in a dear friend's Quinceanera.
It was a beautiful event.
I think there is more work to planning one of these than a wedding.
A Quinceanera is a special event when a girl turns 15.
Seriously, Savannah had to practice for 6 months.
every.single.weekend.
whew!

Just threw out the last white pumpkin and packed away the turkey's!
Ready to decorate for Christmas.
Not going all out this year.
Keeping it real and simple.
Looking forward to less stress, more family and focusing on
the reason for THE season.

Merry Christmas Season my Blogger Friends.










1 comment :

  1. So glad you enjoyed your holiday. I didn't know others were involved in the 15 year-olds birthday. Kind of like a cross between a wedding and a Bat Mitzvah isn't it? I'm keeping my pumpkins because they are so perfect with curly stems. Thought I'd run a holly branch or two between them and keep them in the kitchen for color. Enjoy your prep for the next big dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs